Safer School Bus Travel
Bus travel is one of the safer ways for a child to travel to and from school - but you still need to talk about safe travel procedures.
Discuss bus safety regularly with your child, particularly how to cross the road safely after leaving the bus.
Make sure they know to always wait on the kerb until the bus has left before finding the safest place to cross the road.
Safety on the Bus
Bus travel is only safe when children know how to behave on the bus.
Please discuss bus safety with your children, making sure they know to:
- Always wait for the bus well back from the road
- Never play running games or ball games at the bus stop
- Never hang or lean out of the bus windows
- Never distract the driver's attention
- Always wait on the kerb until the bus has left before finding the safest place to cross the road.
Bus Safety Tips
- Behave SAFELY on the bus at all times
- SIT DOWN on the bus whenever possible
- Do not distract the driver